Sponsorship of MHCTC activities enables the continued maintenance of appropriate collection management and exhibition standards. Opportunities may include endowed support, care and maintenance of the Collection, artifact acquisition or exhibition and program funding. Monetary contributions are welcome in order to achieve the teaching, exhibition and programming goals of the Collection.
If you would like to contribute towards the support of MHCTC’s educational mission, please contact Nancy Schultz, Senior Director of Advancement, in the Office of Advancement for the College of Human Environmental Sciences at the address below. You may also give directly to the Historic Costume Endowment. If you are interested in donating artifacts to the MHCTC, please read below.
Office of Advancement
122 Gwynn Hall
College of Human Environmental Sciences
University of Missouri
Columbia, Missouri 65211
Phone: (573) 882-5142
Email: email@example.com; HESDevelopment@missouri.edu
FRIENDS OF THE COLLECTION
Friends of MHCTC is an association of persons interested in historic dress and textiles. Friends also assist with care, maintenance and development of the Missouri Historic Costume and Textile Collection through volunteerism and the solicitation of funds to support exhibitions, acquisition, and conservation. Friends are offered exclusive opportunities to volunteer within the Collection and assist with the coordination and execution of MHCTC events. Other past special events include VIP tours of the Collection, special presentations with guest speakers, exhibition opening receptions, trips to special exhibitions such as "Diana, A Celebration" at Union Station in Kansas City, and more! View the most recent MHCTC Newsletter (pdf) or see what our Friends are up to in News & Events!
Interested in becoming a Friend? Please contact Nicole Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org or (573) 884-5001.
MHCTC is a not-for-profit organization that accepts artifact donations of men’s, women’s and children’s apparel and accessories, international dress, and select household textiles. These donations support the Collection’s mission of teaching, research and exhibition. MHCTC actively collects artifacts with Missouri and University-related provenance, as well as those by notable past and present designers, manufacturers and retailers.
Due to limited space objects are considered for accessioning based on current needs and gaps in the collection. To see our current needs and wishes, please click on the PDF below. Initial consultations are made using digital images and artifact provenance sent to the Collection Manager. For more information on how to donate artifacts to the MHCTC, please click on the PDF below.
Interested in donating artifacts to MHCTC?
- CURRENT NEEDS AND WISHES LIST 2017 (coming soon)
- DONATION PROCEDURES (coming soon)
- In order to ensure the safety of donated items, the MHCTC is unable to accept any clothing or accessory artifacts without prior consultation. Please contact an MHCTC representative before mailing or dropping off any objects.
- Preservation of Artifacts, National World War II Museum (PDF)
- To Protect and Preserve Family Quilts in the Home, International Quilt Study Center (PDF)
- University of Missouri Museums and Galleries, Columbia, MO
- Stephens College Costume Gallery, Columbia, MO
- Missouri History Museum, St. Louis, MO
- Missouri State Museum, Jefferson City, MO
- St. Louis Art Museum, St. Louis, MO
- International Quilt Study Center, Lincoln, NE
- Arizona Costume Institute, Phoenix Art Museum, Phoenix, Arizona
- Costume Institute, Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, NY