The Department of Textile and Apparel Management acquires, creates, disseminates, and preserves knowledge regarding the global textile and apparel supply chain.
We do this by:
- conducting innovative and collaborative research that informs and shapes industry practices and trends;
- attracting top students and educating them to be industry leaders who can successfully adapt to a changing world through creative problem solving;
- promoting understanding of consumer and market needs of the state, nation, and world and how to best meet them in ways that improve the lives of our communities; and
- engaging alumni and professionals in the field to enrich the education and research experiences of students.
The Department of Textile and Apparel Management continues to be a nationally top ranked program as demonstrated by its ability to:
- attract students who move easily into rewarding and productive careers while staying connected with future generations of TAM students;
- conduct research that positively influences industry practices, enhances the well-being of consumers and contributes to economic development in the state and broader society;
- obtain the diverse resources needed to fulfill its research, teaching, and engagement missions; and
- garner recognition and respect from peers and industry leaders.
In addition to the MU values of Excellence, Discovery, Respect and Responsibility, we emphasize:
- sustainable practices by businesses and consumers;
- inclusivity with respect to the students and communities we serve and the research we conduct;
- a global perspective in our curriculum, supported by experiential learning and professional development opportunities that broaden the world view of both student and faculty;
- leadership skills in faculty and students through professional development, classroom learning, extracurricular and other opportunities; and
- collaboration and teamwork in both teaching and research efforts.